I have recently being trying out some of the new lock-screen replacements available for Android. One of the ones I have tried is called SlideLock.
SlideLock For Android
- Clean lockscreen replacement
- Swipe the screen to the right to unlock, swipe it to the left to access camera
- Actionable detailed notifications, swipe to the right to open, swipe to the left to dismiss
- Custom status bar
- Screen wakes up for a short time when receiving a notification, allowing you to perform a quick check without having to touch the device
- Custom settings for each app (sound, vibration, …)
- Pebble Watch support
Once installed you can pick what applications you get notified about on the lock screen and how you get notified when the phone is asleep.
What I like
I like that the free version has most of the features available and can accept notifications from every application on my phone. I can turn my phone on and see at a glance what I have missed (WhatsApp messages, emails, phone calls etc).
The application is fast and does not slow my phone down while running and it works with the default Android security unlock (pattern, face and code etc.).
What I don’t like
The adverts in the settings screen. I understand that the developers want to get paid, but that is what the premium version should be for. It’s not a deal breaker though as it does not show any adverts on the lock screen or anywhere but the settings.
|Price:||(5 / 5)|
|Features:||(5 / 5)|
|Usability:||(5 / 5)|